Do you want to build superhuman strength?
Ever look at Superman and think what his workout routine looks like?
I’m willing to bet he has these exercises thrown in as the foundation of his strength training routine! 😛
1. Squat – The squat is a compound, full body exercise that trains primarily the muscles of the thighs, hips and buttocks, quadriceps, hamstrings, as well as strengthening the bones, ligaments and insertion of the tendons throughout the lower body. Squats are considered a vital exercise for increasing the strength and size of the legs and buttocks, as well as developing core strength.
2. Bench Press – The bench press is an upper body strength training exercise that consists of pressing a weight upwards from a supine position. The exercise works the pectoralis major as well as supporting chest, arm, and shoulder muscles such as the anterior deltoids, serratus anterior, coracobrachialis, scapulae fixers, trapezii, and the triceps.
3. Deadlift – This important lift is one of the best for building total-body strength, size, and athleticism. The deadlift is a full-body exercise that recruits a lot of muscle mass, the deadlift also builds total-body muscle. It’s also one of the few exercises that directly targets the hamstrings, a group of muscles often neglected in the weight room. This exercise will target a huge group of muscles from hamstrings to glutes, lats to biceps, hip flexors to calves and the list goes on… Be sure to make this a staple of your training routine!
4. Overhead Press – The overhead press or shoulder press is a weight training exercise, typically performed while standing, in which a weight is pressed straight upwards from the shoulders until the arms are locked out overhead. The overhead press targets the deltoid muscles in the shoulders as well as the triceps
5. Barbell Rows – A barbell row (or bent-over row) is a weight training exercise that targets a variety of back muscles. Which ones are targeted varies on form. It is a great exercise for increasing strength and size in the upper back.
Follow these exercises and you will be battle ready and prepared to take on ANYTHING that stands in your way 😀
Head Coach & Founder of The PT Studio